The widely acclaimed African Giant album is a year old and we cannot help but celebrate the incredible achievements of this phenomenal African album.
Released on the 26th of July, 2019 as Burna Boy’s fourth studio album, the African Giant album has over the last year, garnered wide acclaim and appreciation for its dexterity, adroitness, and most especially, its indigenous nature.
In one year, the African Giant album has made the following landmark achievements:
- 300 million + streams on Spotify
- 200 million + streams on Apple Music
- 300 million + streams on YouTube
The African Giant album is the first album from Africa to surpass 200 million + streams on Spotify in less than a year
With almost 1 billion streams on all platforms, it is the most streamed African album ever.
- Songs from the album #1 on Afrobeats, Hot Hits UK, New Music Now, Afropop Charts
- #2Atlantic The 18 Best Albums of 2019
- Peaked #104 on Billboard 200: The highest-peaking Afrofusion album
- Peaked #99 on Billboard Current Album Sales
- Peaked #6 on World Albums chart and spent a whopping 33 weeks on the charts
THE ALBUM WENT VIRAL IN:
- The Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand and more
- 62nd Grammy Award nomination (Best World Music Album) – Nominated
- 40th BRIT Awards 2020 (International Male Category) – Nominated
- All Africa Music Awards (Album of the Year) – Won
SOLD OUT SHOWS SINCE RELEASE:
- Sold out 14 out of 15 shows on North American tour
- Sold out 16 out of 24 shows in the UK
- Sold out 6 out of 9 shows in America
- Sold out all shows in Nigeria
RECORDS BROKEN SINCE RELEASE:
- First African artist to sell out the Revention Center
- First African artist to sell out the Fillmore Maryland two days in a row
- First African artist to sell out the Fillmore Maryland three times in a row
- First African artist to sell out the Fillmore San Francisco two days in a row
- First African artist to sell out the SSE Wembley Arena, London.
Sharing his joy about the trailblazing achievements of the album, Burna Boy said:
“AFRICAN GIANT IS 1 TODAY!! A few streams off a billion across all platforms. The journey has been crazyyyy! You’ve all become family and we’ve made history together! Sold out shows worldwide, awards, and most importantly, the lives that have been impacted by the music! #AGIS1. Don’t get comfortable though, I’m coming back TWICE AS TALL!”